Sunday 9 March 2014

This weekend, I have been mostly.... (*)

Cross-stitching. A newly discovered thrill. More on this to come, at a later date.

Enjoying tea and cake (a Coventry God cake, in honour of the city I grew up in) in the glorious sunshine.

 Admiring tulip-y wonderfulness, for the princely sum of £2.

Immersing myself in a stack of new books, after a trip to my favourite bookshop AND all my reservations landing at once, at the library.
It's been a quiet, but a wonderful weekend.

(* Do you remember Mark Thomas on "The Fast Show"? Each episode he would emerge from his shed, wellies and all, to announce what he had been doing/eating/saying etc. that week. My favourite, which still makes me chortle to this day was, "This week, I have been mostly wearing.... Issey Miyake.")
(Incidentally, we saw Mark Thomas browsing in a second-hand bookshop in Chipping Campden last summer.  Despite our intention to leave him alone, he made the effort to smile and say hello to a clearly starstruck ("It's Arthur Weasley!") Beautiful Girl. Which I thought was very sweet of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment