Wednesday 10 October 2012

Storecupboard Challenge

The Waitrose delivery that arrives each week came in considerably fewer bags this time. I have been closely following the Storecupboard Challenge over at The Quince Tree (one of my all time favourite blogs) and was inspired to try and follow suit . In a nutshell, the idea is to try and minimise food waste by using up all those packets, jars and tins which lurk at the back of the cupboard and in the bottom of the freezer while new stuff is bought and shoved on top of it  (or, at least, that's what happens in our house). I know it's going to be more of a challenge for me than for Sue. I have considerably less time, skills and knowledge than her, not to mention a pretty paltry storecupboard to begin with. Still, I'm up for the challenge. There's fresh stuff I've had to buy - milk, butter, fruit and vegetables. There's been a trip to our wonderful local bakery for a loaf of bread. But other than that I'll be surviving on whatever I can forage from the kitchen cupboards. I know - I'm practically Ray Mears....

No comments:

Post a Comment