Monday 17 October 2011

An Apple (a) Day

One of my favourite autumnal rituals is our trip here, to Ryton Organic Gardens, for their annual Apple Day. Each time we go we are blessed with one of those beautiful crisp, clear autumn days that, for me, are one of the reasons why this is my favourite season. Yesterday was no exception. I love visiting gardens and this one, with its woodland walk, orchards and covetable vegetable gardens is wonderful. First though, we strolled through the Rose Garden, enjoying these beautiful late bloomers.

And this last one is a newly-discovered favourite. Named, "The Generous Gardener" in celebration of the NGS Open Garden scheme, it seems apt, for it's glorious scent - and beauty - really feels like a gift.
Stars of the day, though, had to be the apples. I've blogged before about how much I love apples in the autumn so getting to taste the dozens of different varieties on offer, making an apple bird feeder with the Beautiful Girl, drinking warm spiced apple punch and pressing our own apple juice was a little slice of autumnal heaven!


No comments:

Post a Comment